Fire-Rated Commercial Garage Doors
A wide array of Overhead Door™ rolling steel doors are available to meet the most demanding fire safety standards, unusual opening sizes and discerning aesthetic requirements. Designed to close automatically in the event of a fire or alarmed event, our fire-rated doors are available for service door and counter applications in commercial, industrial, institutional and retail projects. We provide fire doors with UL or FM labels and are listed for both masonry and non-masonry applications. Our FireKing® fire door collection offers fire protection, innovative design, and optimized performance for the end user. The Fire Sentinel® time-delay release device provides an added measure of safety to control the doors' closure. For more information on Overhead Door™ fire door products, contact us.
- Operation: Options include push-up, chain hoist, crank and electric motor (fire doors: RHX® FK, RHX® or RSX®; fire counter doors: CDX™)
- UL-listed FireLite® vision lites in 4-, 3-, and 1 1/2-hour labels allow visual access without compromising safety
- Additional safety options include the Fire Sentinel® time-delay release device, photoelectric or ionization-type smoke detectors (with or without heat detector), as well as solid-state horn, strobe or voice enunciators
- Wind load options are available for Florida Building Code (FBC), Miami-Dade, Texas Department of Insurance (TDI)
- UL-listed brush-type smoke seals satisfy smoke retardation requirements
- Firestop® fire-resistant core countertops covered with popular brands of decorative laminates allow coordination of project design elements for use with counter fire doors
- PowderGuard® Premium powder coat finish options are available in approximately 200 colors as well as custom matching to specification.
- Wide range of sizes and styles meet or exceed industry fire safety testing standards including Underwriters Laboratories (UL & ULC), Factory Mutual (FM), New York City, and the State of California (CSFM) requirements
- Doors are compliant with all NFPA-80 standards
- Field-installable accessories such as radio controls or motion detectors to match a wide range of application requirements
- Constructed of galvanized or stainless steel in a variety of gauges, slat designs, and finishes for unsurpassed strength, durability, and style
- Door closes automatically under governor control after separation of fuse link. UL recommends a 165°F (74°C) fuse link for ambient conditions for 100°F (38°C) or less, or a 212°F (100°C) fuse link for ambient conditions over 100°F (38°C)
- Door guide assembly rests on the sill or floor to provide an attractive finished appearance eliminating setup gaps. Guides expand upward during a fire.
- Our rolling service fire doors can accommodate openings up to 41'2” wide (12548 mm) or 25'4” (7722 mm) high (max. 683 sq.ft. or 63452 sq m) with up to a 4-hour UL rating
- Counter fire doors fit openings to 14' (4267 mm) wide and 10' (3048 mm) high with either a 3-hour or 1 1/2-hour UL rating, and are optionally available with a 1 1/2-hour rated plastic laminated countertop
- Integral frame and sill counter fire doors with a 1 1/2-hour UL rating afford a handsome finished look
- Motor operated counter fire door does not require tension reset after automatic fire release.